European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) published a Privacy Statement for the clinical data publication website on 28th September 2021.
EMA publishes clinical data on their website in accordance with the Agency’s policy (Policy 0070) on the publication of clinical data for medicinal products for human use.
This privacy statement explains the most essential details of the processing of personal data by EMA in the context of the user registration, access, and activity on the clinical data publication website. It also explains the reason for the processing, the way of collecting, handling, and ensuring protection of all personal data provided, how that information is used, and what rights may be exercised in relation to your data and how.
This privacy statement provides a detailed explanation on the following:
- Who is responsible for processing the data?
- Purpose of this data processing
- Timeline of data retention by EMA
- Access and disclosure of the information
- Data protection rights
- Resources (email and website) in case of any questions or complaints regarding data processing
For more details, please refer to European Medicines Agency’s Privacy Statement.